- 500 ml milk
- 1/2 lemon juice
- For the Syrup:
- 1000ml water
- 400gms Sugar
For the Spiced Milk:
- 1000ml evaporated milk
- 8 tbsp of Sugar
- 2 tbsp thandai Masala
- 6-7 Saffron strands
- Heat the milk and bring it to boil.
- Add the lime juice to cuddle the milk. Make sure that the milk is curdled well.
- Strain the curdled milk through a muslin cloth and make sure the whey is separated from
the milk solids.
- Take the strained milk solids and mash to make a smooth dough that can be rolled into a
small tikkis. Keep it aside.
- Now Mix the sugar and water well to make sugar syrup. Add the Milk solid tikkis to it.
- Boil the sugar syrup with the Milk solid tikkis, making sure that the sugar syrup doesn’t
- After boiling the tikkis in sugar syrup cool it down. And squeeze out the sugar syrup from
- To make the flavoured Milk. Take the Evaporated milk. Add sugar, thandai masala,
saffron strands. Mix it well.
- Add these tikkis to the flavoured milk. Making sure that the Tikkis are fully merged in the
- Garnish it with crushed dry fruits and saffron strands. Serve chilled.
INPUTS AS PROVIDED BY CHEF ISHIJYOT SURRI, EXECUTIVE CHEF, MULK RESTAURANT